What to Wear

It’s back to school time. Clothing racks at malls everywhere are filled with all the “must have” items for fashion savvy kids. Mothers are running from store to store with children in tow looking for the best deal. Even as a homeschooling mom, I still get caught up in it. Just because school happens at home and online doesn’t mean we wear our pajamas. Every Sunday I educate myself by checking the ads to compare styles and prices.
After doing a little shopping today after church I decided a little quiet time with my Bible was in order.  As I was reading, I came to a portion of scripture I had underlined some time ago.
 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (Colossians 3:12)
What a timely reminder for me! Sometimes it is so easy to get distracted. This verse served as a great reminder to use great care dressing the inside too. Not just for my children, but for myself also. We can be dressed to the nines but no outfit is complete without compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
I’ve decided to print this verse and tape it up in my closet to remind me what I need to clothe myself with each day.  My hope is to look at this every morning and set my heart and focus my thoughts in the right direction.  I invite you to join me. Together let’s strive to clothe ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
Feel free to send me an email and let me know that you’re joining me. I would love to hear from you.

Comments

  1. A wonderful post. Reminds of a dear friend with whom I have lost contact.I can say honestly that she personified this innately and didn't even know it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loving & Serving Others

Where the Tweet Hits the Street or A White Suburban Woman's Call to Confront Racism

Sidewalk Chalk, Christmas Lights & Fruit