Hosanna!



            “The Faithbook Experiment continues. This morning I awoke unusually early for a Saturday. As tomorrow is Palm Sunday, so many thoughts were on my heart as I opened my Bible.  I read the various accounts in the gospels telling of Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem to shouts of Hosanna. What a joyous moment it must have been for HIS followers! They weren’t expecting what was about to happen. Their eyes hadn’t been opened. They didn’t yet know that God’s plan was playing out before their very eyes.

            Jesus’ arrest, torture, trial, and crucifixion didn’t make sense to them. It wasn’t what they were expecting. After Jesus was placed in the tomb the disciples thought it was all over. The glory that was about to happen took them by surprise.

            That’s how it often is with me, even though I have an advantage the disciples didn’t have. The story is written in full and I know the ending. Yet, sometimes I lose hope, get discouraged, and think all is lost.

This morning, as The Faithbook Experiment continues, my heart’s cry is

Lord, help me to remember that you are Hosanna, King of Glory. The ending has been written and it is glorious!
                       
                                                        Hosanna!
                                                        Leslie
#Hosanna
#PalmSunday
#thefaithbookexperiment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving & Serving Others

Where the Tweet Hits the Street or A White Suburban Woman's Call to Confront Racism

Sidewalk Chalk, Christmas Lights & Fruit