Beautiful Wrinkled Spring Tablecloth



             A sweet friend posted the photo I’ve placed on this blog post. As you can see there is a beautiful tablecloth on her table.  Her caption read “Bring on spring! I don't even care that it's wrinkled, it's bright and springy!” Oh how this spoke to me. I just love her beautiful, busy mommy heart! 

                In a world filled with images of unattainable perfection, I love the message in this photo.  My friend Jessica is mom to 3 beautiful children. Her life is full, blessed, and busy.  She chose to celebrate a moment and didn’t let a few wrinkles stop her.  Seeing it gave me the courage admit that I’m often intimidated by the images of perfection in this life. In fact, I’ve been guilty of scrutinizing the condition of my house in the background more than focusing on the beautiful faces of my children. 

                It’s funny how the Lord can use images to speak truth into our lives. Jessica’s photo made me want to look past the wrinkles and embrace the beauty in my day to day life. It is a message I needed today.  I don’t want to get so caught up in striving for unattainable perfection that I miss the moments that really matter. There’s great beauty in transparency.  My idea of what is “picture perfect” has been forever changed.

                When I asked Jessica for permission to share her photo and blog about it, she included these very wise words:

“We shouldn't compare our behind the scenes to others highlight reels (the amazing decorated pics online may be great but probably not like that every day!) My home should be welcoming but I want people to leave feeling better about themselves not better about me or my home!” (Jessica Jere)

                Today I am thankful for beautiful wrinkled spring tablecloths and for the Lord who uses them to speak to my heart!
                                                                         
                                          May you be blessed!


                                           Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving & Serving Others

Where the Tweet Hits the Street or A White Suburban Woman's Call to Confront Racism

Sidewalk Chalk, Christmas Lights & Fruit