Sidewalk Chalk, Christmas Lights & Fruit


“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
Jeremiah 17:7-8 NIV

What an amazing passage to being my day! I am reminded to trust in the Lord and promised that because I am planted in HIM, I don’t have to fear circumstances. This passage also makes it my heart’s desire to continue to bear fruit to HIS glory in this season. My heart is truly overflowing as I read these words in Jeremiah. 

I felt I had to do something today so my daughter, Carly and I headed outside. Together we covered our driveway with encouraging words and happy images for our neighbors. As we were chalking, we waved at everyone driving past and they returned our waves. Friends, it is the little things! Now, as I type this, my husband is outside stringing up more lights in our yard. Our hope is to bring light into a dark time. I know that sounds kind of cheesy, but we believe God can use it. We aren’t preaching, we are just loving and leaving the rest up to the Lord. 

My prayer is that we can all continue to bear fruit in this time of drought. I truly believe that God isn’t going to allow this time to be wasted. Let’s keep praying, loving, caring, and bearing fruit!

                                                Blessings!

                                              Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving & Serving Others

Where the Tweet Hits the Street or A White Suburban Woman's Call to Confront Racism