Loving & Serving Others


Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.  If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

As I read these verses today, I am challenged to find ways to love others deeply, to serve them, and to offer hospitality during this most unusual time. I fully believe that with God all things are possible. We may have to think outside the box, but it can be done.  I am so encouraged as I see that some of the worst times are bringing out the best in many people.

We have the ability to serve one another in so many ways, despite our current situation. Blood drives are still happening and people are grocery shopping for those shut in. Pastors, musicians, artists, and teachers are sharing their gifts with us via the internet. We may physically be distant, but I see community being knit together like never before. Citizens are supporting one another and supporting local businesses. 

As I said yesterday, we were created for a relationship with God and a relationship with others. This time is teaching us so much. I’m continuing to do my best to find ways to live out 1 Peter 4:8-11 and I am praying that you are too.


                                                Blessings,

                                                Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the Tweet Hits the Street or A White Suburban Woman's Call to Confront Racism

Sidewalk Chalk, Christmas Lights & Fruit